Friday, February 13, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!

Typically means no dinero for this girl =(. It's odd, I never correlated eating with the weather until I worked in a restaurant. It is a Friday night, and typically money on Friday nights is very good (people had a long week, they wanna sit and enjoy a drink and a meal, they don't want to cook, etc...) Oh no! Not tonight my friend. The second the first snowflake hits the ground, people cease to leave their homes. I guess this makes sense, somewhat. I don't particularly like driving in snow myself. One thing that I don't understand is the opposite of this, though. When it is beautiful outside, people don't go out to eat. They barbecue. Hmph! Basically, in a perfect waitress world, everyday would be fifty degrees with clear skies, and optimal road conditions. Oh yeah, and every table would be young, businessmen, who want appetizers, salads, drinks, entrees, and desserts with coffee. They'd also want to help out the aspiring lawyer who is taking their order and trying her hardest to flirt without flirting. To all you diners out there, enjoy your night in, please call and cancel if you have a reservation, and please please please don't let this weather keep you in for Valentine's Day tomorrow (it's like the Christmas of serving holidays!)

No comments:

Post a Comment