Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First Rebuttal

Ok...so it's not really a rebuttal, but I should clarify. An avid reader of mine brought it to my attention that I was a little bias in my editorial. I should clear things up a bit. In my editorial, I ranted about owners and investors of restaurants. I used the example of car dealership owners offering their employees hourly wages to compensate for the lack of cars being sold off the lot. I should let the general public know that while servers make $2.25/hour, owners are required to pay their servers minimum wage. This means that at the end of a shift, a server must add up their tips, and if it doesn't average out to minimum wage, the owner must pay the server the difference. *CUSTOMERS* Please do not think this means that you don't have to tip. You have to tip. You have to tip well, very very well, please and thank you. B.P., hope this clears the air!

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that editorials are biased! They are arguing a point of view.

    ReplyDelete