Thursday, February 19, 2009

I dig travelers!!!


I'm not sure what it is about people on the road, but I love love love them! They are laid back, they are gonna have a few beers with their food, they are gonna ask questions about the city they're in, they are gonna ask about their server, and they are gonna tip! I met a young couple on their way to Utah to go snowboarding this evening. They were interested in me. Not the fake kind of interested (you know, the kind that I pull when someone tells me about a baby, or a marriage) the real interested. They asked questions, told stories, and laughed. Again, it was real laughter, not the kind that I use when a customer tells me the same joke that he has told me every Thursday for a month about the guy walking into a bar and saying ouch, get it? Get it? Yes sir, I get it, I just can't laugh at things that aren't funny. I don't have it in me. Nonetheless, if you, as a server, have time to talk to these people, they really are amazing. And if you, as a customer, are taking a road trip, make an effort to go into locally-owned restaurants and visit with the staff. You may make her night =)

No comments:

Post a Comment