Saturday, April 18, 2009

Strange how a phonecall can change your day

I used to do things that I loved on a daily basis, but now it seems that I do things to please or meet the needs of others. While I'm not proud of this fact, I do understand that it is part of being part of this society. I received a phone call that changed my entire day Saturday afternoon. I spoke on the phone for nearly three hours, which is nowhere near typical for me. I'm the type of person who makes excuses to get off the phone with my mother (I know, I know, she makes me feel guilty enough, you don't need to). This was a different type of phone call, though. This was a phone call from one of the people I love most in the world. Someone who brings out the best in me. This person has known me for years, and still manages to love me.
While a phone call doesn't seem like much at face value, the day, and week, and month, have been putting stress on my life that I've never encountered before, and this friend's voice seemed to take me back to a more peaceful, serene time. I realized part way through this call, though, that this peaceful, serene, time is now. My life is perfect. Sure there are snags here and there, but for the most part, I am happy for the bulk of the day/week/month. Sometimes it takes a friend who wants to hear you talk, to hear yourself talk about how good life really is. Ironically enough, I was letting my i-pod control my mood by putting it on shuffle during this talk, and immediately following my phone dying, this song shuffled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment