Friday, January 16, 2009

HELLO WORLD!!!!

I am Amanda, and I am a phenomenal waitress. While many wouldn't think that this is a point of pride, they would be mistaken. In addition to that, I am a graduating in May senior earning a degree in Journalism Mass Communication, and a minor in Advertising. I am from Fort Collins, CO and I am traveling to Switzerland in May to live for a few months. Enough about me, back to my blog. This will be a humorously written blog centered around working in the service and food industry. It will help workers and customers alike. This blog is being written for a class, but will be maintained in the future, although the waitress theme will eventually fade out. For now though, here is my inspiration for my blog name, written in a 1991 edition of Playboy by one of my favorite authors, Tom Robbins. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am the worst waitress ever! I had a simple busboy job in Jr. High and spilled an entire pitcher of ice water on a customer my first night.

    Then, during a fundraising pancake feed for softball in high school, I spilled a plate of hot, greasy sausages all over an old woman and, as I continued to pick them off her lap with tongs, I continued to spill them off the plate.

    Those were my only waitressing gigs ever. Needless to say, I have great respect for those who waitress well.

    ReplyDelete