Monday, January 19, 2009

Coachsurfing huh?

So...I am anticipating inauguration as much as anyone else, but I am anticipating it in the way of reading about it, and watching it on television. Apparently, there are some hardcore political followers who are traveling to Washington D.C. to watch it firsthand. While that may not even seem all that strange, this does. These people sleep in the homes of complete strangers. This article talks about it a little more in depth. Not sure if I would let complete strangers into my home, but people all over the world do it everyday. This site was set up to help people who are traveling abroad on a very tight budget. Very very tight, as in, no money set aside for lodging and food. The CNN article in particular made me raise an eyebrow, because I am less trusting around this time of year. We are at a turning point politically in this country, and if a complete stranger wanted to bunk up with me so he/she could be closer to the president elect, I would be leery. But to each their own. More power to these people that can trust. It is refreshing to see that this is still (somewhat) a nation of brotherly love.

1 comment:

  1. My nephew is a congressional staffer, and he said attending the inauguration was incredible. I'm still waiting for pictures.

    ReplyDelete